Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tossing Variations

There's a few wedding things that I actively fear. Most have to do with my own clumsiness and the possibility of falling, tripping, ripping, screeching, snorting, etc.

One of my fears is the bouquet toss. Not that no one will catch it, or that too many people will catch it (and crash into some sort of injury, which DOES actually happen)...but that I won't be able to throw it. Not properly or gracefully anyway. So I think we're going to switch it up a bit, and try this new trend that's apparently all the rage in modern Japanese weddings.

Bouquet Pulls


Instead of throwing the flowers, the bride holds them along with a ribbon for each single lady on the floor. She holds all the ribbons against the bouquet, but only one of the ribbons is actually tied to it. You can decorate the ends of the ribbons with beads or pretty charms. So then all the ladies pull the strings, and the one that held the ribbon attached to the flowers wins! Easy yeah? No need for me to throw anything! And everyone can easily participate! And the best part is, even if you lose, you still get to keep the charm ribbon! haha! What do you think?

I asked Sak if he wanted to do something similar with the garter. He said he'd rather throw it, which is fine. I am a little worried about the possible lack of participation, so one idea (from Weddingbee, of course) was to attach some money or a gift card to it:

That's one way to ensure they pay attention! And with so many nice looking money-leis floating around during graduations, it wouldn't be hard to make a money flower to attach to the garter. But it would probably have to be clipped on right before hand, I don't think I'd want to wear a 10 or 20 around my leg the whole day, haha!

(Oh and, as always, click on the pictures for the source of the image!)

If you are doing a bouquet/garter toss, how are you ensuring audience participation? And more importantly, how are you ensuring audience fun? Or are you one of the lucky ones with friends and family that actually like biting and scratching over flowers and lace?

No comments:

Post a Comment