Friday, October 9, 2009

The Wait to Escape

The airshow is in town this week. I work near the ocean downtown, on one of the top floors of a high-rise, so all I've been hearing is the rip-roaring sounds of the stunt plane jets.
It makes me want to leave. On a jet plane. Now.


Sak, my immediate family and I are all going to Oahu for a week, right after Christmas. Why? We all have different reasons.
For Sak, it's his chance to visit his family for the Holidays. He hasn't seen them since last Christmas, so he's really looking forward to it.
For my dad and two younger siblings, it's a vacation. Yep, that's it.
For my mother and I - it's business. It's scouting potential bakeries, visiting the venues for the first time in person, getting a hair and makeup trial, and researching hotel deals. I felt bad about making her work while the rest of the family is off playing on a beach or eating shaved ice, but I doubt she would really be happy unless she had a hand in the decision making process.
So just a few more months before I can escape this San Francisco chill and toast my toes on the island..I don't know how I'll hang in there!
For you destination folk - did you get to make a scouting trip before the wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment