Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hair to take the Heat

Have you ever decided to style your hair, only to realize that the more you poke at it, the worse it looks?

Sadly, this is the story of my hair-life. So here's hoping the professional can do better. *Raises nalgene water bottle to toast* If I'm lucky, maybe my stylist will have magic hands!

Now before I begin pulling out the inspiration pictures, let's talk about the general idea. I really want to have my hair down, as it makes me feel a tad less self-conscious about my shoulders (which ought to belong on a professional swimmer).

But Penga-Mom is having none of that.

"Your hair will be in your face and ruin all the pictures!"

Yes, that's true. So we'll pin the front back a bit. But not so much that all the hair falls in the middle of the back, instead of on the shoulders, where it belongs.







"But it's Hawaii, it'll be too hot for your hair to be down!"

Again, Penga-Mom has a point. I'll probably want to shave my head due to the Honolulu-heat. Plus, the humid weather may just crumple and destroy any delicate, romantic hair waves. I might have to tie it all up for manageability.



The grand-master-plan is this: Try out the lose, unstructured style with simple flower pins holding hair out of my face, and then see what it looks like when said curls are wrapped into a simple bun. Maybe I can convert back and forth, if it's easy enough? And then, with my sheer luck, the intermittent tropical thunderstorms will start up and then I'll have even a third hairstyle - wet dog!

What kind of hair are you planning on? Are you trying out a 'convertible' look?

3 comments:

  1. I love that first picture! I've thought about a 'convertible' look, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres no way I could leave my hair down in this Florida heat! I love your first hair-up photo! I'll be doing my hair like that but with a big orange lily in the middle instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to figure it out, but I leaning towards having it up to stay cooler!

    ReplyDelete