Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Scouting Schedule

One of the biggest set-backs to planning a destination wedding is the inability to see anything in person. One is forced to rely on wedding planners, internet pictures or local family members in order to make large dollar decisions on venues and vendors.

Luckily for me, however, we're taking a scouting trip very, very soon. I'll finally get to see, in person, the places that I've booked months ago. But the battle is not over yet.

We won't be in Hawaii very long - only a week. And that week happens to include New Year's Eve and Day, which means all businesses will be closed. Yet somehow, through many e-mails, phone calls and one accidental double booking, we have a schedule.

A three day, super-compressed, meet-the-vendors schedule.

Now, to make sense of the many back-to-back appointments, I drew up a little timeline in Powerpoint:

Sweetly dubbed, "A page so everyone's on the same page".

I plan to hand these to Penga-Mom, Saka-Aunt, Penga-Dad (who doesn't really care but would probably like to know where we'll be), and the occasional stranger that wants to tag along.

I also double-checked all the appointments with Sak, making sure it's physically possible to drive from one appointment to another within the given time frames. Even though Hawaii may be physically small, their highways are notorious for traffic jams during certain times of the day.

With a schedule in place, I'm feeling more confident about the upcoming trip. Now if only I had the time to go through and "pack up" the necessary inspiration photos, we'd be all ready to go.

Anyone else meet with multiple vendors in a single day? How did you stay organized?

5 comments:

  1. smart idea! I'm already working on one of these for the wedding, its gonna be a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh I don't even want to think about a wedding schedule yet! I'm scared! I'll wait and see how yours comes out so you can give us tips. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes it is so nice to have a plan written out, isn't it? and yours is so attractive! good luck on the scouting trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with your schedule. Mine would have been scribbled on the back of my airline ticket, lol.

    That's one of the reasons (not seeing things in person) that we switched our venue to where we live, as opposed to where I'm from. I give you props!

    ReplyDelete